Woman Cries As Charges Are Read In Deaths Of 2 PA State Troopers In Horrifying Drunk Driving Incident

May 13th, 2022

Jayana Tanae Webb, 21, of Eagleville, can’t hold back her tears as the charges were read after two state troopers lost their lives due to a drunk driving incident that she was involved in.

She was charged with third-degree murder, homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, homicide by vehicle, second-degree manslaughter of a law enforcement officer, and involuntary manslaughter. In addition, she was also charged with recklessly endangering another person, driving under the influence, and summary traffic violations, including failing to drive at a safe speed, careless driving, and reckless driving.

The fatal crash happened at 12:40 a.m. on Monday. The incident occurred in the southbound lanes of I-95 near Lincoln Financial Field.

Pennsylvania State Troopers Martin F. Mack III, 33, and Branden T. Sisca, 29, had just pulled over Webb when they received a complaint about a guy strolling on the highway. They then walked away from Webb as they responded to the man. Reyes Rivera Oliveras, 28, was discovered wandering on the road by the two troopers.

As they attempted to get him into their vehicle, a driver, later identified as Webb, pulled up to the scene and attempted to utilize the highway shoulder to get by them. But instead, the car struck all three men. The impact was so powerful that it threw the two officers and Oliveras onto the northbound lanes of I-95.

Webb remained at the scene and was subsequently apprehended. Reports say that her blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit at the time.

The Philadelphia District Attorney’s office claimed at the hearing that Webb told authorities after Miranda Rights that she had been drinking “strawberry Henny” or Hennessy Cognac before the crash happened.

Michael Walker, Webb’s lawyer, contended that his client was very young, a first-time offender, and posed little public danger. Webb does not need to be held in jail while awaiting trial, which Walker estimates will take one to three years. In an interview with NBC10, he said, “Number one she’s not a flight risk.

Number two, she’s not a danger to society, and there are things that you can put in place to protect society if you believe she’s a danger to society, like putting her on an electronic cuff. Make her sit on house arrest. ”

Walker added that “there should never be a rush to judgment.” He referred to Webb’s charges as “allegations” that must be presented in court under oath. He said, “This wasn’t an intentional act. We’re not talking about a capital case here. We’re not talking about a murder one case. We’re talking about potentially an accident that happened. That people were involved in a confluence of unfortunate events that culminated into this horrific accident.”

The judge sided with the District Attorney’s Office. They based their decision on the seriousness of the charges. The judge said, “I do see that there is a public safety issue here.”

The attorney also shared that they may file a motion to have her released before trial. He said, “She was extremely saddened and you’ve got to recognize that her 22nd birthday is next month. And this is a person who’s not a violent person and certainly cares about people very deeply.

And it’s unfortunate that this may be the worst thing she’s ever done or been accused of and it may color the rest of her life. The rest of her life for some mistake she may have made on her 22nd birthday. ”

During her hearing, Webb sat slumped over in her chair, crying silently when the judge denied her bail. This means that Webb remained behind bars ahead of her next court hearing.